Wednesday, September 23, 2009

VMusic.Tv's Top Favorite Songs of the Artiste of the Month (Whitney Houston)

I was hosting VMusic.Tv's Top Favorite Songs of the Artiste of the Month.. so I'm gonna also introduce this to iStream's similar charts. You may logon to http://www.istream-radio.net to enjoy this playlist.

I had the pleasure of speaking to the Artiste of the Month and gave out a huge bunch of her CDs this month courtesy of SonyBMG during our Roadrunner Tours, Promo Sessions, Surprise Appearances and even VMusic's Invasion: Office Edition & VMusic's Invasion: Mall Edition


So here it is... Whitney Houston's come back featured in the following playlist:

1. I Look To You
2. Will Always Love You (O.S.T. The Bodyguard)
3. I Have Nothing
4. Greatest Love Of All
5. Saving All My Love For You
6. I Wanna Dance With Somebody
7. When You Believe (Duet with Mariah Carey)
8. Exhale (Shoop, Shoop)
9. I'll Be Home For Christmas
10. Run To You
11. Didn't We Almost Have It All
12. One Moment In Time
13. Where Do Broken Hearts Go
14. Count On Me
15. If I Told You That (Duet with George Michael)

Encore track: I'm Every Woman

Whitney Houston has a great and powerful vocal but did you know:

1. Her middle name is Elizabeth
2. She was married to Bobby Brown
3. Her famous cousin is Dionne Warwick
4. Her height is 5' 8"
5. She debut her first album on Feb 1985
6. Her favorite color is Lavender
7. She made an appearance on the soap "As The World Turns" in 1984
8. She was born in New Jersey
9. Her favorite actor is Robert DeNiro
10. She was born on August 9, 1963
11. Whitney modeled for the cover of the magazine 'Seventeen' at the age of 16.
12. She was first offered a record deal at the age of 17 by MCA records. However, her parents, Cissy and John Houston would not allow Whitney to sign until after her graduation from High School.
13. Whitney was asked what her ambition was when she was 9. She didn't want to be a singer back then but a veterinarian instead. She had always loved animals and still does.
14. Whitney introduced her debut album on Valentine's Day 1985 and was announced on the Mery Griffith Show by her manager Clive Davis.
15. Whitney has had about 20 scary stalkers who are crazed fans
16. Her first musical experience was at the Newark New Hope Baptist Church where her mother Cissy Houston served as the choir's director.
17. As a part of the choir, Whitney was given her first solo song to sing. She remembers, starring at the clock in the back of the Church, with her hands behind her back, trembling, as the whole church looked on. "
Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah. Whitney was only 12 when she stood before her church and sang. She praises that day as the day she discovered that she wanted to sing. She recalls, looking around the church after the song was over, and everyone was clapping and everyone was smiling, and some she recalls, even were crying. She thought to herself, if this is what I can do, with what God gave me, Then I want to do it. I want to sing."

Quotes from Whitney Houston used in her song lyrics:
  • "I used to cry myself to sleep at night, but that was all before he came..." - it was from her song 'All The Man That I Need' of her 3rd album: I'm Your Baby Tonight 
  • "A few stolen moments is all that we share, you got your family and they need you there..." - it was from her song 'Saving All My Love For You' of her 1st album: Whitney 
  • "I got the stuff that you want, I got the thing that you need, I got more than enough..." - it was from her song 'Queen Of The Night' of her 3rd album: I'm Your Baby Tonight 
  • "I know it's been some time, but there's something on my mind..." - it was from her song 'Where Do Broken Hearts Go' of her 2nd album: Whitney Houston 
  • "Had a dream last night that the world stopped turning..." - it was from her song 'Fine' of her 5th album: Greatest Hits 
  • "I know when you look look at me there is so much that you just don't see..." - it was from her song 'Run To You' of the soundtrack: Bodyguard 
  • "I've been hearing the heartbeat inside of me, I keep a photograph beside my bed..." - it was from her song 'So Emotional' of her 2nd album: Whitney Houston 
  • "From the moment I saw you, I went out of my mind, though I never believed in love at first sight..." - it was from her song 'I'm Your Baby Tonight' of her 3rd album: I'm Your Baby Tonight 
Whitney as won 5 Grammy Awards, 19 American Music Awards, 5 People's Choice Awards and 16 Billboard Music Awards, just to name a few... so, kudos to her.

Catch the repeat of the show again to enjoy the greatest hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment