Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where to get the Song "Stand"?

I've received an email earlier today (yeah, coincidentally, it was the moment my tyre was punctured...) and it was from someone who was interested (probably from the heavy air plays lately) in getting the song "Stand".

[Note: *Updated* Yup, Ju confirmed the song is on heavy air plays at Lite FM! Woohoo~! Tune in more often, ya?] 

The email reads:



chong w.h. Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:57 PM

To: dbching [at] ***.com

Hi Brandon,

I was looking for a song that posted in your blog as shown in the link below and I failed to find the singer/song from internet.
therefore would like to have your help to share the song or the source to get it. Greatly appreciate for your help. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks.

*****************************

So, to answer Chong W. H.; the song can be acquired in many ways. =) But before that, I'd also like to say, the song "Stand" was also how Lim Sue Yen, a.k.a. Sue found her way to my Facebook and started reading this blog and became a friend eventually. So, Kudos to that. In fact, quite a number of people find me from that. You'll be surprised even to know that, I used to find someone I loved all the way from Taiwan via the same. Many years ago, Ethne Chiang found the song "Breathe Again"; as the song was the OST for The Outsiders, a drama series aired in Taiwan and that eventually led her contacting me and we slowly became a couple. Well, that drama is like more than a decade from now. Anyway... back to the mode of acquisition.

DiGi Subscribers: head on to DiGi Music
Maxis/Hotlink Subscribers:Type GET 10468543 and send to 29000
Outside Malaysia: download the MP3 at CD BabyiTunes or Amazon.com!

To purchase via the Paypal Account, you may go to: http://pul.ly/b/13400 and download it instantly.

[Note: I just got a text from my whatsapp from Ju that the Four Forty Record's Paypal account has a technical glitch and is currently unavailable for the time being. Please use the other alternate choices. I guess, I'd also have to apologize on behalf for the inconvenience caused. Thank you.]

And last but not least, I'm sure some are still trying to find the lyrics and the song. You can listen it from the link above and enjoy the lyrics here:

Stand

Today feels different somehow
Living on the edge of a breakthrough
Yesterday’s pain of people’s disdain
Didn’t hurt me as much as it used to
Maybe I’ve found my remedy

I’m gonna stand up and walk my life
Not afraid to stumble and not afraid to fall
I’m gonna speak up, I’m gonna say what’s on my mind
Never mind if they don’t hear me
I know the ones who love me
I know the ones who will hold me
Just the way I stand
Just the way I am

Standing here on my stage
Why do your stares look so empty?
Strangers and friends all around
Funny how it still seems so lonely
Maybe not such a tragedy

I’m gonna stand up and walk my life
Not afraid to stumble and not afraid to fall
I’m gonna speak up, I’m gonna say what’s on my mind
Never mind if they don’t hear me
I know the ones who love me
I know the ones who will hold me
Just the way I stand
Just the way I am

I don’t wanna have to make pretend
And say what I will not want to
Not just to please you
I won’t be forced to love all who say they love me
But never know what makes me content completely

I’m gonna stand up and walk my life
Not afraid to stumble and not afraid to fall
I’m gonna speak up, I’m gonna say what’s on my mind
Never mind if they don’t hear me
I know the ones who love me
I know the ones who will hold me
Just the way I stand
Just the way I am

No comments:

Post a Comment