Monday, October 5, 2009

New Vocab from Oxford Dictionary (Singapore Edition)

1) LILY - adverb. extremely, really.
               "Wah, you lily can sing well ah!"

2) VALLEY - adverb. extremely (same with lily).
                     "Look! My Versachee belt, valley nice hor?"

3) GORGES - adjective. stunningly beautiful, normally found with valley.
                       "Wah! Ah Beng's girlflan is valley gorges leh!"

4) CORAL - verb. to bicker.
                   "Why, you not happy, ah? Wan t to coral, is it?"

5) REEF - (normally followed with coral) to argue with.
                "You lily wantto coral reef me ah?"

6) ALTITUDE - adjective. a disagreeable demeanour. "
                         "Ah Lian lily got a bad altitude ploblem".

7) CIRRUS - adjective. certain.
                    "You cirrus or not? Dun bruff!"

8) CANOPY - phrase. impossible.
                      "He bought new handphone? Canopy lah! Where got money?"

9) OLDLADY - adjective. completed.
                         "Wah...you finish oldlady ah."

10) SUIT - verb. to project forward.
                "Suit! Suit! See goalkeeper come out oldlady."

11) SOW - verb. to reveal.
                 "Sow me, sow me your new ting."

12) LOAD - noun. a path normally made up of gravel & tar.
                  "We go Orchard Load leh."

13) BLINK - verb. deliver, send.
                    "What you blink for me? Sow me, sow me."

With ENGELIST (ENGLISH) like dat... we all "white white finish" OLD LADY (already).... Those who know hokkien/hockien, would know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment