Monday, October 5, 2009

the red shirt

My sister emailed me this and I was wondering anyone could decipher what does the brown pants do...

The red Shirt:
The captain of the merchant ship and his crew were very distant from the nearest port of call when they saw a pirate ship approaching. This threw the men into great fear, but their skipper instructed his first mate to " Bring me my red shirt!" When the pirates boarded his ship, he led his men into battle and successfully fought off the pirates. A few hours later however, the look-out spotted another 2 pirate ships on the horizon. Again, the captain shouted "Bring me my red shirt!" Again, he and his crew fought off the pirates.
 
Exhausted, they lay on the ship's deck. One crew member could not help himself and enquired of the captain "Why do you always put on your red shirt when you fight the pirates?". He answered "So that if I bleed, you will not see my blood and will continue fighting!" The crew were amazed at his bravery.
 
Before dawn however, the ship's look-out shouted "10 pirate ships approaching!" This time, the captain instructed his first mate to "Bring me my brown pants!"

********************************************
Anyone could explain what does the brown pants do?

No comments:

Post a Comment